Jul 27, 2010

Haiti - Extrait d'Acte de Naissance -Extract of certificate of Birth

When I googled "Haitian Birth Certificates", I was really looking for samples of a Haitian birth certificates plus a side-by-side translation.  Piece of cake... I thought. Finding the information I needed was very difficult.  I come across a few promising sites.  But they all wanted to charge me to look at their “samples”.


I finally found these two samples for free, posted to the left. These documents are not Birth Certificates, however.  They are, instead,  "extrait d'acte de naissance or Extract of certificate of Birth" or Short-form  as the US government call them, or official copy of summaries of the birth certificate


Extrait d'Acte de Naissance or  short form
Are documents that state the person, birth date and place without going into all of the hospital information on the long form. The information found in the short form is taken from the official full birth certificate. Extracts of birth certificates are legally accepted as proof of age or citizenship

The National Archives of Haiti often issue these replacement birth certificates or extraits (Extract) to those who request it.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would agree with this option.

Anonymous said...

why not:)

Anonymous said...

Ah!!! at last I found what I was looking for. Sometimes it takes so much effort to find even tiny useful piece of information.

said...

I am glad this help.

Kishah said...

Thanks so much! The translated version will help me greatly! :)

said...

@kishah, you are welcome. :)

france said...

Do you need to have this to file paper in the US or can you use the original birth certificate?

france said...

Do you need this to file your papers in the US or can you use your original birth certificates

said...

@France you do.However If I were you I would translate the papers myself then get them notarized. This way it would cost you 1?3of the price to get it all done by a pro. Good luck

ONELOVE said...

Hello. How do i attain a birth certificate from Haiti, i was born in Haiti but grew up in the USA since the age of 5, I've lost both parents early on. I would like to get one without having to go to Haiti, or sending my money to Haiti not knowing if i will even receive a real document.

ONELOVE said...

Hello. How do i attain a birth certificate from Haiti, i was born in Haiti but grew up in the USA since the age of 5, I've lost both parents early on. I would like to get one without having to go to Haiti, or sending my money to Haiti not knowing if i will even receive a real document.

LADY SAM said...

Translated birth certificate was helpful. Now I am trying to find an English translation of a Haitian health card.

Unknown said...

Thanks a million! This was very helpful.