You will need:
2 cups water
2 cinnamon sticks
4 anise star
1/2 cup oatmeal ( I used Moms Beast organic oatmeal for this recipe)
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp. of almond extract
1 cans evaporated milk
Sugar to taste, ( I used honey and sometime agave syrup to sweeten)
Use wooden spoon or plastic spatula to stir (Metallic spoon will make the mixture watery.)
|old fashion oatmeal: Avoine|
1. Place oatmeal in a food processor.
2. Process until finely shredded
3 Add oatmeal and salt to the 2 cups water then boil with cinnamon and anise stars.
4 Slowly stir until it thickens.
5. Remove anise star and cinnamon
6. Add evaporated milk sugar to taste and ,almond extract
7. Allow to cool not completely thought.
8. Serve warm with toasted bread and fresh fruits.
This makes a yummy breakfast. However, you can make it a light evening meal as we often do in Haiti.